Ok, this is turning more into a travel journal than a blog, hope you enjoy reading anyway! Here`s Albert`s part........ en español.

29 Juni 2012

loooong ago...

Yeeehhaaaaa, new country, new people, new culture....new internet access!  I can update the blog, do you believe this???  I have left you somewhere in Turkey around 3 months ago or maybe even more, woooow, and now we are in Bukhara, Uzbekistan!   I have no idea where to start now.. but okay, I have some old stuff and pictures, let me see...


We left Turkey in April or so, traveled through the autonomous region of Kurdistan in North Iraq and finally arrived to Iran, where we have spent the last two and a half months.  (Well functioning) internet was scarce in Eastern Turkey and Kurdistan, and suuuuper slow and sensored in Iran, inclunding our blog.  There were ways to circumvent the filtering system of course, but either the internet got even slower, and slower, and slower or it simpy did not work ; ).  Finally, I started to write things down on paper, intending to post a foto of what I had written.  Ah, yes, devils do exist.  We caught a virus on the memery card of our digicam.  I peacefully gave in, because it is just not worth to be so frustrated about malfunctioning technology, even though I did spend several hours trying to get access to the blog, argh!!!  Ok, enough.


So here we are now!  In a Russian-Asian-Middle Eastern mishmash kind of place.   Locals sometimes say I look like I am from here..  we communicate in a good mix of our leftover Turkish and the still present Tarzan Farsi.  It works quite alright (though by then, they figure that I am Uzbek anymore....pity!).  Even the food is a mishmash of cultures, in my opinion.  You get the same noodle soups here that we call "Udon" in Japan... but in a very greasy broth, and vegetables cut in a way that it seems like a European (maybe Russian) person was trying to cook something that he thinks what Asian food could be like.  We are definitely getting closer to East Asia..  It was in Turkey where coffee was substituted by black tea.  Here in Uzbekistan, many people actually drink green teas.....


But ok, what about our travels, all the past months?? 


Our story of Iran is a long story.. and I will post it another (NEXT??) time (...soon, soon!).  What I can say now is that it was one of the best travel experiences I have ever had, and maybe even the most impactful.  Despite many mixed feelings about the country as a whole (society, people, the government, the law, police, the religion....) and several  "bad" experinces with the police, we enjoyed being in Iran very, very much.  In the same way, and maybe even more, we were absolutely overwhelmed by our experiences in the Kurdish area, starting in Eastern Turkey, Kurdistan in Iraq, until Western Iran.  Kurdish people are maybe the most hospitable people on Earth.  At least it is hard for me to imagine a culture more hospitable than them...

BUT my stomach is growling, I am way too hungry now to continue... I have to leave you here.  I will tell you aaaaalll about this soon......................................... : )





1 Kommentar:

  1. Es war wieder mal wunderschön, deine worte zu lesen!! Viel spass bei dem langsamen weg nach asien! Das ist vielleicht die richtige geschwindigkeit überhaupt,um irgendwohin zu kommen! Wir bleiben bei euch in gedanken. :* Lua

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieses Blog durchsuchen